Wednesday 4 November 2009

Post the First

There's no real way of starting off a blog without sounding like a gigantic dweeb so I'll be as concise as possible:

Hello. My name is Rose Mitchell, I am a student at Camberwell College of Arts (BA Drawing) and this site is intended to shamelessly flaunt my wares.

I'm primarily a printmaker and draughtswoman. I mostly like printmaking becuase when I use the press I can pretend I'm like that lady out of flashdance and will spend the evening gyrating sexily around poles and whatnot. She makes welding look sexy, I figure I can do the same for print.

My main preoccupations as an artist tend to gravitate around psychology and anthropology. I'm also quite big on the old feminism and I do on occasion get my internal greer out for an airing. I know this can be distressing for some so will warn you prior to this.

I hope you enjoy my work!

Rose

No comments: