Wednesday 16 February 2011

Pins and Needles and Papercut Designs



For our little two week "erasure" project I've been thinking of a way to incorporate the process of erasure into my existing work, so I thought some lovely papercuts would be just the thing-











I've doodled up a couple of designs which I'll be cutting into big copies of pages from my Vauxhall Nova manual - I'm one of those fernickety little buggers that can't deal with simple designs, despite loving them in other people's work, so it's quit
e nice to push myself out of my comfort zone ...besides maybe if I get good enough I'll be able to attempt something as SUPER AMAZING AND BEAUTARIFFIC as Rob Ryan's work...here have a look:

How amazing is that? So now you've seen that don't wee all over mine it's only my first try...wellllll it's not actually but that one was so blooming awful that I daren't upload it for fear of someone printing it out, setting fire to it and sending me a picture just to teach me a lesson.


No comments: